You are browsing upcoming documentation for version 5.1 of OroCommerce, OroCRM, and OroPlatform, scheduled for release in March 2023. Read version 5.0 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get up-to-date information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
The search index component is responsible for interaction with a different search engine and the search index storage inside it.
In the Oro application, the search engine can:
- perform search quickly (in comparison with the standard ORM search)
- apply complicated filters to results
- sort search results by relevancy or a specific field
- extract additional data from the search index
- calculate aggregated values
Table of Contents
For architecture guide, see Search Index Architecture.