Create Storefront Search Synonyms
The feature is available starting from OroCommerce Enterprise v5.0.6. To check which application version you are running, see the system information.
In OroCommerce Enterprise Edition, you can create a synonym group where a search for one word from this group in the OroCommerce storefront would return results for all the synonyms in this group. Synonym management is enabled globally and per website in the system configuration, and subsequently managed through Marketing > Search > Search Synonyms in the main menu.
To create a new synonym group:
- Navigate to Marketing > Search > Search Synonyms in the main menu.
- Click Create Search Synonym.
- Fill in the following details:
- Owner — the owner of the synonym being created. This field is only displayed in the global organization.
- Websites — a list of websites where the synonym is to be used. Hold ctrl to select more than one website.
- Synonyms — a list of comma-separated synonyms, for example, good, excellent. Arrow notation can be used to define unidirectional synonyms: excellent => good.
- Click Save.