You are browsing the documentation for version 4.1 of OroCommerce, OroCRM and OroPlatform, which is no longer maintained. Security Support ends in January 2023. Read version 5.0 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get the updated information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
Search Index component is responsible for interaction with the separate search engine and search index storage inside it.
In Oro application, search engine can:
- perform search quickly (in comparison with standard ORM search)
- apply complicated filters to results
- sort search results by relevancy or specific field
- extract additional data from search index
- calculate aggregated values
Table of Contents
For architecture guide, see Search Index Architecture.