You are browsing the documentation for version 4.1 of OroCommerce, OroCRM and OroPlatform, which is no longer maintained. Security Support ends in January 2023. Read version 5.0 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get the updated information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
What is Oro Application
Oro application is a PHP web application that is using Symfony as a framework. It provides the following benefits:
- Runs on any OS, though Linux is recommended. See system requirements for more info.
- Scalable - Oro application may be easily scaled up and down to meet your company needs (message queue, indexes, search).
- Extendable - Oro application may be extended via the packages from the Oro marketplace designed by Oro, Oro partners, or Oro community. Also, you may design your own packages to implement the missing functionality.
- Customizable - Oro application inherits most of the development techniques enabled by the Symfony framework and extends them. It helps easily customize Oro app for any business needs.
With these out-of-the-box benefits, developers can focus on implementing their unique business logic and build Oro-based applications in less time.
- Technology Stack
- Application Structure
- Application Framework
- Application Customization
- Differences to Common Symfony Applications
- Custom Oro Application
Are you in the process of selecting the best eCommerce platform for B2B? Evaluate nine alternatives on our B2B comparison page.