What is Oro Application
Oro application is a PHP web application that uses the Symfony framework. It provides the following benefits:
- Runs on any OS, although Linux is recommended. See system requirements for more information.
- Scalable - Oro application can be easily scaled up and down to meet your company needs (message queue, indexes, search).
- Extendable - Oro application can be extended via the packages from the Oro Extensions Store designed by Oro, Oro partners, or the Oro community. Also, you can design your own packages to implement additional functionality.
- Customizable - The Oro application inherits most of the development techniques enabled by the Symfony framework and extends them. It helps quickly customize the Oro application for any business needs.
With these out-of-the-box benefits, developers can focus on implementing their unique business logic and build Oro-based applications in less time.
- Technology Stack
- Application Structure
- Application Framework
- Application Customization
- Differences to Common Symfony Applications
- Custom Oro Application
Are you in the process of selecting the best eCommerce platform for B2B? Evaluate nine alternatives on our B2B comparison page.