You are browsing documentation for version 5.0 of OroCommerce, OroCRM, and OroPlatform, maintained until August 2024 and supported until March 2026. See version 5.1 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation for information on latest features.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
The feature is available starting from OroCommerce Enterprise v5.0.6. To check which application version you are running, see the system information.
This feature allows setting search synonyms to be applied during the full-text search in the storefront. Full-text search is used in many places, for example, during the global search.
This feature works only together with the Elasticsearch search engine.
Synonyms are enabled via the configuration menu under System Configuration > Commerce > Search > Search Synonyms by selecting the Enable Search Synonyms checkbox. This configuration option also adds a submenu Search Synonyms under the Marketing menu and refreshes synonym configuration in search indices.
How It Works
You can add synonyms via Marketing > Synonyms manually or via the import. In both cases, you need to set the following fields for each Synonym entity:
- Owner — a standard Oro owner on the Business Unit level;
- Websites — the websites where you want to use the synonym;
- Entities — the entities you want to use the synonym. This field is hidden out-of-the-box because there is only one available entity (Product);
- Synonyms — the actual synonym words.
The Synonyms field uses the Solr format and supports several notations:
- Comma-separated values to define equivalent synonyms, e.g., good, excellent, amazing. In this case, all the words are considered equal to each other.
- Arrow notation to define unidirectional synonyms, e.g., excellent => good. In this case, users can find a document with the word good by searching excellent (but not vice versa).
See official Elasticsearch documentation on search synonyms for more examples.