You are browsing upcoming documentation for version 5.1 of OroCommerce, OroCRM, and OroPlatform, scheduled for release in March 2023. Read version 5.0 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get up-to-date information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
You can use system calendars to provide everyday events for all users, such as employees’ birthdays, company weekends, vacations, etc. These calendars can be made available in a single organization or shared across all organizations in the system. To manage system calendars, navigate to System > System Calendar in the main menu. As soon as you create a system calendar, it becomes visible for all users. The visibility of organization-wide calendars can be restricted by ACL against system-wide calendars, which are always visible.
By default, both organization and system-wide calendars are enabled, but you can disable any of them in the config.yml by adding the enabled_system_calendar option:
oro_calendar: enabled_system_calendar: false
The possible values of this option:
- true - both organization and system-wide calendars are enabled
- false - both organization and system-wide calendars are disabled
- organization - only organization wide calendars are enabled
- system - only system-wide calendars are enabled
The list of system calendars is stored in the oro_system_calendar table. The public field indicates whether a calendar is organization or system-wide. System-wide calendars are marked as
Both organization and system-wide calendars are implemented as calendar providers. For more implementation details, see the following the source code:
- SystemCalendarProvider - responsible for organization wide calendars
- PublicCalendarProvider - responsible for system wide calendars