Users can define custom Permissions and apply them to any manageable Entity.
A custom permission model consists of 2 related entities.
- Permission - the main entity that contains information about a specific permission. It contains the most important information, like Permission name, label, groups, the list of PermissionEntities for what Permission can be applied and the list of PermissionEntities that cannot use this Permission.
- PermissionEntity - stores the entity class names to use with the Permission entity.
All custom Permissions are described in the
permissions.yml configuration file inside a corresponding bundle. Currently it is not
possible to add a Permission globally - for all groups (applications); all required groups should be listed manually. So for
every application the required permissions should be addedupdated by creating a corresponding
An example of a simple permission configuration.
oro_permissions: PERMISSION1: # permission name (should start with a letter, digit or underscore and only contain # letters, digits, numbers, underscores ("_"), hyphens ("-") and colons (":") label: Label for Permission 1 # permission label description: Permission 1 description # (optional) permission description apply_to_all: false # (by default = true) is permission apply to all entities by default apply_to_entities: # (optional) the list of entities to apply permission - 'AcmeDemoBundle:MyEntity1' # entity class - 'Acme\Bundle\DemoBundle\Entity\MyEntity2' apply_to_interfaces: # (optional) the list of interfaces to apply permission to the entities that implement these interfaces - 'Acme\Bundle\DemoBundle\Entity\MyEntity2Interface' # entity interface group_names: # (by default = ['default]) the list of Groups - default # group name - frontend PERMISSION2: label: Label for Permission 2 description: Permission 2 description exclude_entities: # (optional) the list of entities to not apply permission - 'AcmeDemoBundle:MyEntity3' - 'Acme\Bundle\DemoBundle\Entity\MyEntity4'
This configuration describes 2 Permissions:
- Permission PERMISSION1 will be applied only to entities MyEntity1 and MyEntity2. Allowed groups for that permission are default and frontend.
- Permission PERMISSION2 will be applied to all manageable entities, except for MyEntity2 and MyEntity3. The allowed group for this permission is default.
All configurations merge in the boot bundles order. The application collects the configurations of all permissions with the same name and merges them into one configuration.
Merging uses simple rules:
- if a node value is scalar, the value is replaced
- if a node value is array, this array is complemented by values from the second configuration
After this step, the application is aware of all permissions and has only one configuration for each permission.
To load permissions configuration to the DB, execute the following command:
security:permission:configuration:load [--permissions [PERMISSIONS]]
Optional option –permissions allows to load only listed Permissions.