You are browsing documentation for version 5.0 of OroCommerce, OroCRM, and OroPlatform, supported until January 2025. See version 5.1 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation for information on latest features.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
Configure Customer User Settings per Website
To change the default customer user configuration settings for a website:
Navigate to System > Websites in the main menu.
For the necessary website, hover over the More Options menu to the right of the necessary website and click to start editing the configuration.
Select Commerce > Customer > Customer Users in the menu on the left.
For faster navigation between the configuration menu sections, use Quick Search.
To customize any of the options, clear the Use Organization box and select a new option.
In the Customer Users Registration section, configure the following options:
- Default Customer Owner — Service information that determines which user has full access to managing and viewing customer information. Usually, this is the default customer administrator or the administrator assigned to the customer. Applies to the customers created in the back-office as well as to those who register on the OroCommerce website.
- Registration Allowed — Enables/disables registration of new customers from the storefront login screen.
- Confirmation Required — Enables/disables the email confirmation step following user registration.
- Show Registration Link — Shows/hides the registration link from the storefront login screen. The link is next to the Sign In link in the top bar.
- Required Company Name — Shows/hides the company name field in the registration form in the storefront. Required for individual customers who do not belong to any company.
- Show Registration Instructions — Enables/disables registration instructions in the storefront login page. This option is disabled by default.
- Registration Instructions Text — If Show Registration Instructions is enabled, the text provided in the field is displayed in the storefront login page.
In the REST API section, configure the following option:
- Enable API Key Generation — Enable/disable automatic generation of API access keys for new customer users.
In the Cookies Banner section, enable a cookie consent banner. A cookie consent banner is the cookie warning that pops up on websites when a user visits the site for the first time.
To configure cookie consent banner on the organization level, take the following steps:
- Show Banner — Select the checkbox to display the cookie consent banner to the website’s visitor.
- Cookies Banner Text — Provide the message of the cookie banner. To edit the text for a specific language, click the language button and edit the text for the needed language.
Click Save Settings.