You are browsing the documentation for version 4.2 of OroCommerce, OroCRM and OroPlatform, which is no longer maintained. Read version 5.1 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get the updated information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
Users can manage the visibility of role permissions on View and Edit Role pages.
ConfigurablePermission is model that contains all data of the Configurable Permission. It has 3 public methods to check if a permission or a capability is configurable for this ConfigurablePermission:
- isEntityPermissionConfigurable($entityClass, $permission) - checks that permission $permission is configurable for entity class $entityClass;
- isWorkflowPermissionConfigurable($identity, $permission) - checks that permission $permission is configurable for workflow part with identity $identity;
- isCapabilityConfigurable($capability) - checks that capability is configurable.
All Configurable Permissions are described in configuration file
configurable_permissions.yml corresponded bundle.
It has 4 main options:
- default (bool, by default = false) - all permissions for the Configurable Name configurable by default;
- entities (array|bool) - the list of entity classes with permissions. If a value is boolean, it will be applied to all permissions for this entity class;
- capabilities (array) - the list of capabilities;
- workflows (array|bool) - the list of workflow permissions identities with permissions. If a value is boolean, it will be applied to all permissions for this identity.
An example of a simple configurable permission configuration.
oro_configurable_permissions: some_name: # configurable permission name, will be used by filter default: true # is all permissions for this `some_name` configurable by default entities: Oro\Bundle\CalendarBundle\Entity\Calendar: # entity class CREATE: false # hide permission `CREATE` for entity Calendar EDIT: true # show permission `EDIT` for entity Calendar capabilities: oro_acme_some_capability: false # hide capability `oro_acme_some_capability` for `some_name` workflows: workflow1: PERFORM_TRANSIT: false # hide permission `PERFORM_TRANSIT` for workflow `workflow1`
All configurations merge in the boot bundles order. The application collects configurations of all configurable permissions with the same name and merges them into one configuration.
Merging uses simple rules:
- if the node value is scalar, the value will be replaced
- if the node value is array, this array will be complemented by the values from the second configuration
After this step, the application knows about all permissions and has only one configuration for each permission.