Create a Quote on the Customer Request¶
To create a new quote from the customer request for quote (RFQ):
Navigate to Sales > Requests for Quote in the main menu.
Open the necessary RFQ by clicking on the respective line.
Click Create Quote.
In the General section:
- Review the information provided by the customer.
- Enter the quote expiration information in the Valid Until date and time boxes.
- Select an order fulfilment officer in the Assigned To box.
- Select the assigned customer user that will receive the order delivery in the Assigned Customer box.
In the Line Items section:
Review the requested price and quantity and make an offer.
To offer alternative quantity and prices, use + Add Offer.
Add notes to the quote line, if necessary: click Add notes in the Seller Notes section.
To delete any quote line, click Delete on the right of the line item information group.
Add more products, if necessary, by clicking + Add Products below the existing product lines.
In the Shipping Address section, provide the details about shipping destination address, if possible.
Depending on the system configuration, the customer may be offered a limited set of the shipping options (only those that are available for the provided address).
In the Shipping Information, configure the default shipping option pre-selected for the the customer on the checkout:
- In the Shipping Methods list, select the recommended (default) shipping method that will be pre-selected when the customer gets to the shipping configuration on the checkout.
- Optionally, enter the Overridden Shipping Cost Amount, USD - a custom shipping cost that will be used instead of the one dynamically generated based on the shipping method selection.
- To enforce using only the default Shipping method selected earlier, enable the Shipping Method Locked flag. When the shippig method is locked, the buyer does not see any other payment options but the default one.
- Tick the Allow Unlisted Shipping Methods box to allow using the shipping method that is already selected as a default one, even if it is disabled by the shipping rule configuration.
Optionally, select a Payment Term as an available payment method.
Once the quote is created, you can send it to the customer who can further negotiate or convert it to order and proceed to the checkout.