You are browsing the documentation for version 3.1 of OroCommerce, OroCRM and OroPlatform, which is no longer maintained. Read version 5.1 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get the updated information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
Create Entity Fields
Fields are used to store details of entity records. For example, a ‘street name’, a ‘zip code’, and a ‘building number’ may be fields of an ‘address.’ You can add new fields to any custom entity or an extendable system entity.
This topic describes how you can create custom entity fields, explains what basic and advanced entity field properties are available for them, and illustrates examples of adding new fields to existing entities.
See a short demo on how to create a custom field or keep reading the step-by-step guidance below.
To create a custom entity field:
- Navigate System > Entities > Entities Management in the main menu.
- On the All Entities page, click the required entity to open its page.
- On the entity page, click Create Field on the top right.
- Provide the basic entity field properties, such as the name, the field and field storage types.
- Click Continue.
- Provide advanced field properties, some of which can be field-type-related.
- Click Save and Close when you finish creating the new entity field.
- Once the field is saved, update the schema, if the storage type for the field is set to Table Column.