You are browsing the documentation for version 3.1 of OroCommerce, OroCRM and OroPlatform, which is no longer maintained. Read version 5.0 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get the updated information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
Configure Settings for Product Promotions per Website
In the Promotions section of Commerce configuration settings, you can enable New product icons and configure the new arrivals block for the storefront per website. You can also enable them globally and per organization.
Before enabling the new product icons and new arrivals segment, make sure you have performed the following actions:
- Mark the selected products as new arrivals in the General section of the Products > Products main menu by setting Is New Arrival to Yes.
- Create a new arrivals segment under Reports & Segments > Manage Segments as described in the Create Segment topic.
Configure New Arrivals per Website
Navigate to System > Website in the main menu.
For the necessary website, hover over the More Options menu to the right of the necessary website and click the Configuration icon to start editing the configuration.
Select Commerce > Product > Promotions in the menu to the left.
For faster navigation between the configuration menu sections, use Quick Search.
In the New Product Icons, clear the Use Organization check box and select Yes in the Show on Product View list to enable new product icons. To disable the icons, select No.
In the New Arrivals section provide the following information:
- Product Segment – Select the segment that will include the items to be featured in the New Arrivals block.
If Choose Segment is selected, the New Arrivals block disappears from the homepage.
- Maximum Items – Set the maximum number of items that the block should contain. By default, the number is set to 4 items.
- Minimum Items – Set the minimum number of items that the block should contain. By default, the number is set to 3 items.
The block will be hidden if the number of items in the segment used for the block is less than the set value. For instance, if the set minimum number is 3 and the number of items in the segment is 2, you will not be able to see the block unless you add more items to the segment, or change the minimum value.
- Use Slider On Mobile – When the slider is enabled, the block occupies less screen space, while showing larger product images.
When enabled, Use Organization allows for system settings to be used. Clear this check box to enable manual change of settings.
- Click Save.