You are browsing upcoming documentation for version 6.0 of OroCommerce, OroCRM, and OroPlatform, scheduled for release in 2024. Read version 5.1 (the latest LTS version) of the Oro documentation to get up-to-date information.
See our Release Process documentation for more information on the currently supported and upcoming releases.
Manage Business Customers in the Back-Office
Business customers represent a point of contact in your sales and business activities. With the help of Business Customers, you can track activities and records associated with them across different channels.
You can create a Business Customer record for each customer involved in the business-to-business activity.
Enable Business Customers
Enable business customers in your Oro application via a sales channel:
- Navigate to System > Channels in the main menu.
- Click Create Channel.
- Once the form opens:
- Select a meaningful name for the channel.
- Set the channel type to Sales
- In the Entities section, select Business Customer from the list and click Add.
- Click Save and Close.
Create a Business Customer
To create a new business customer:
Navigate to Customers > Business Customers in the main menu.
Click Create Business Customer.
Provide the following information:
- Owner — Limits the list of users that can manage the customer to users whose roles allow managing business customers assigned to the owner (e.g., the owner, members of the same business unit, system administrator, etc.). By default, the user creating the record is chosen.
- Name — The name used to refer to the business customer in the system.
- Channel — Choose one of the active sales channels, from which your Oro application will get information on this customer.
- Account — An account to which the customer will be assigned. Details of this business customer will then be part of this account’s details.
The rest of the fields are optional. The fields are added to the system based on general B2B practices, aims, and processes and keep additional details of the customer. The optional fields may be left empty.
Click Save and Close.
Manage Business Customers
The following actions can be performed with business customer records:
From the business customers grid:
From the view page of a specific business customer:
- Get to the Edit page.
- Delete the customer from the application.
- Perform actions from the More Actions menu (e.g., send an email, log a call).