Manage Price Lists in the Back-Office
This section is part of the Price Management topic that provides a general understanding of the pricing concept in Oro applications.
Price list management is one of the most important aspects of any e-Commerce business and even more so for Business to Business (B2B) e-Commerce companies. B2B businesses require a high level of flexibility to support the most advanced use cases, including a highly structured approach to account management and versatile sales processes that are often customized to the needs of specific customer groups or large individual accounts. This is why OroCommerce has one of the most advanced price list management features (combined price lists, or CPL).
Overall, the out-of-the-box CPL price management enables you to:
- Set up flexible product prices for different websites, customer groups, and customers.
- Assign prices for newly added products automatically.
- Schedule temporary or permanent price changes.
- Override the automatically assigned price with the manually adjusted value.
- Set different pricing strategies and merge price list when relevant
- Set custom price list rules
If your business does not require complex price calculation rules, pricing strategies, and merges, you can opt for OroCommerce’s Flat Pricing, which is configured by your system administrator via the console. CPL-related configuration settings are hidden from the application when flat pricing is enabled. Flat pricing configuration is available on global, organization, and website levels.
Learn more on price lists in the following topics: