Configure Search History Settings per Customer
You can configure search history globally, per organization, website, customer group, or customer.
Search History enables users to view a history of all searches performed in the storefront.
To configure the search history settings per customer:
- Navigate to Customers > Customers in the main menu.
- For the necessary customer, hover over the More Options menu to the right of the necessary customer and click the Configuration icon to start editing the configuration.
- Select Commerce > Search > Search Terms in the menu to the left.
- In the Search History section, clear the Use Customer Group check box and configure the following option:
- Enable Search History Collection - depends on the Enable Search History Reporting option. When Enable Search History Collection is enabled, all search queries are logged into the database. This option allows enabling/disabling certain groups of visitors. For example, you can choose not to log requests from anonymous users by turning off this option at customer group level for Anonymous customers. Exercise care when enabling this option on popular websites as it may result in a large number of records saved to the database.
- Click Save Settings.