Configure Search History Settings per Website
You can configure search history globally,:ref:per organization <organization-commerce–configuration–search-history>, customer group, or customer.
To configure the search history settings per website:
- Navigate to System > Websites in the main menu.
- For the necessary website, hover over the more actions menu to the right of the necessary website and click to start editing the configuration.
- Select Commerce > Search > Search Terms in the menu to the left.
For faster navigation between the configuration menu sections, use Quick Search.
- You can enable or disable the following option (clear the Use Organization checkbox to customize the settings):
- Enable Search History Collection - depends on the Enable Search History Reporting option. When Enable Search History Collection is enabled, all search queries are logged into the database. This option allows enabling/disabling certain groups of visitors. For example, you can choose not to log requests from anonymous users by turning off this option at customer group level for Anonymous customers. Exercise care when enabling this option on popular websites as it may result in a large number of records saved to the database.
- Click Save Settings.